Pages

Thursday 26 February 2009

Conversations with models

Conversation on Sunday night with my house guest model (please note, when you meet said model, this is much more amusing):

R: Can I go to work with you?
Me: Of course not! What am I supposed to say? I'm babysitting a 23 year old and had nowhere else to leave her?
R: Yeah that's good!

Random text messages throughout the day received from guest:

R: I can't wait to meet you, I'm bored, it's so cold outside. Man, I'm so cold.
R: My agency is making me wear a dress to my casting. Wtf?
R: Lol, I will die. They think I'm weird cuz they think I'm skinny but my measurements don't make sense..I met everyone 2day, I was so scared!
Me: You are skinny! Look I need to get back to work. I'll see you soon.
R: Okie, have fun. Je t'aime.
R: How long will it take me to meet you?
Me: Leave the house now (4:31pm).
R: Ok.
R: I just left the house, coming to meet you (4:55pm).
R: I called you, you didn't answer.
R: Talk to me, I know you're not busy, unless you are eating Indian.
Me: Sorry, I was busy
R: Are you mad at me?
Me: No.

While waiting three hours at a fashion show casting Monday night, I decided to ask Ramy what she meant when she said I dance like a hipster.

Me:
So, what do you mean I dance like a hipster?
R:
You dance like a hipster.
Me: That doesn't explain anything. I don't shake my hands in the air and look like I'm hallucinating.
R: What I mean is, it's effortless. It flows so well when you dance. I like it.
Me: That's doesn't define hipster dancing then. Get your glossary straight. This is like the time you said making out was the same as kissing, it's not the same thing.
R: Yo it is! Whatever.
Me: You better book this job. I'm cold, hungry, unable to bash agencies, and I've been talking to the model moms for so long they've started asking me if I am your mom.

Inside the waiting room, discussion about Patricia Fields "losing it" (in reference to the poor wardrobe choices in Confessions of a Shopaholic (which I have not seen)).

Me: Patricia Fields has officially went bonkers. Did you see the trailer for Confessions of a Shopaholic? The clothes?
R: Yo for real? That's Patricia Fields?
Random model: Yep.
R: Who is the best stylist out there now you'd say? Rachel Zoe?
Me: Rachel Zoe is annoying and is a fan of something called homogeneity. What is up with her calling herself "Zoe"? It's Zoé!
Random model #2 giggles. Random models begin staring at each other.
R: Yeah I know, so stupid.
Me: (To Random Model #1) So what's your name?
Random Model #1: (I actually forgot her name)
Me: Cool. What agency are you with?
Random Model #1: ICON
Me: Awesome (in head - eww ICON). (Looking over to Random Model #2) How about you?
Random Model #2: My name is Zoé, that's actually why I was giggling when you said Zoe is lame. Some people call me Zoe.
Me: People should not sabotage a beautiful name like Zoé. I do not take back what I said. (In head - crap, did she understand us when we were talking about her in French?)
I look around, getting ancy.
Me: Who do you have to sleep with around here to get some service?
Models stare at me like wtf did she just say
Me: So you ladies new to the industry I take it?

2 comments:

  1. Ahahaha, sometimes I close my eyes and wish I was your assistant...
    ... then we would go dancing with our fists up in the air like we just did alot of mush... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to introduce me to some of these eloquent models.

    ReplyDelete