Pages

Thursday 12 February 2009

A Loss For A Night

In the room the women come and go
Talking of Michelangelo
- T. S. Eliot: The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock (1919)

First came the raggedy girl with the big heart who used to build forts with me, then came the boy with the mushroom cut and the freckles, followed by the rebellious girl from BC, then it was the chubby red headed boy who couldn't leave me alone if for a second, then the innocent girl with the beautiful smile, after her came my blood relative, the attention seeking girl, the adorable girl with the stripper’s name, the twin with the serene voice, the girl I took a life changing trip with, the kid I knew in elementary who recently discovered she was somewhat attractive, the stylish sidekick who listened, opened up my eyes and loved lentils just as much as I did, the poster boy for the sexually confused, the tall and chatty photographer, the big lipped and sensitive cute guy who disappeared when he got a girlfriend, and the “boss” who listened until I quit. Then of course there’s the beautiful blue eyed girl with the fish lips, but you’ve always been around haven’t you? And unlike them, you're here to stay.

The introductory quote, to me, represents losing touch, simply because of its social definition. I hate the concept of losing touch, but it's for the best, or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment